Your rest stop on the Information Superhighway!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, May 22, 2009

Roller Coaster

I just want to warn anyone out there with an aversion to mushy feelings and, as Fred Savage so adequately called them in "The Princess Bride", kissing books. When I was a kid (read: about a year ago), I just didn't understand relationships. By this, I don't mean what every joke-depleted observarional stand-up comic means when he says that. I just couldn't find the idea of including someone new in my life, making them the biggest, most important part of my life, and rearranging everything else around this person. Also, I didn't particulary like the fact that this person, due to my totally unoriginal sexual orientation, had to be a woman. I felt about women something similar to what a Berkeley liberal arts grad feels about peyote; everyone else used it to see their spirit animal, you will have to as well, it sounds cool, but it scares the hell out of you.

But, unlike peyote, if you leave yourself open and operate sincerely, love (the good kind) will find you. Six months ago today, love found me, in the form of a ridiculously beautiful woman, whose blog "Dharma Drama" can be found on my sidebar. Sorry, young Fred Savage, this IS a kissing blog.

For those not in the know, love is awesome! It's basically like being on a really fast, loopy roller-coaster all the time, but when the ride ends, they run it in reverse to amplify the awesomeness. That's not a simile, that is exactly what love is. If you don't believe me,I believe that there is a song that says just as much. I talk a lot here about things that are awesome, and I want to make sure I give credit where it is due in that department. So I would like to thank Erin for getting on the ride with me (with a stomach full of Mexican food, to boot), and invite her to continue riding untill the park closes. Young Fred Savage, you can come too.

4 comments:

  1. This is like when Zack Morris breaks the 4th wall and speaks directly to me on old Saved by the Bell episodes. I love you, baby, and our blogs both officially jumped the shark today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the first comment to jump the shark then. How did your two blogs meet, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to same college and saw each other around, but never "met." I found him on myspace after I graduated and sent him a message about something he wrote on his myspace blog. We started emailing, then talking on the phone, and then met for coffee. I gave him googley eyes and we've been dating since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, I gave my wife fake vomit when we first met and she did not care for that gesture at all. I guess us men are easier to please (ie we LOVE novelty items.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Or, have fun with letters; take out an "m" and an "n", and leave me a comet! Yay!